Activities and Resources in the Lake Champlain Valley
New York State
SUNY Plattsburgh is a major intellectual and cultural center in Upstate New York and the Champlain Valley.
View the map of
New York State
and adjacent states
Use these links to explore Upstate New York:
- Adirondack Mountain Club
- Adirondack Park Waterways and Paddling
- Adirondack Sports & Fitness - An excellent source of information on sports and activities in the Adirondacks. Features a message board and many articles by local authors.
- Champlain Shores - Visitors and convention bureau for Lake Champlain and Adirondack regions.
- Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) Medical Center
- Current Local Weather - Planning a visit? Use this resource to check on the weather.
- Fort Ticonderoga - Visit the site of the first American victory in the Revolutionary War.
- Franklin County - More than 230 lakes and hundreds of miles of rivers, plus biking, horseback riding and more.
- Gore Mountain
- Hometown Radio 1340 AM
- Lake Champlain Birding Trail
- Lake Champlain Ferries
- Lake George - Whitewater rafting, canoeing, skiing, golfing, camping - a "four-season vacation paradise."
- Lake Placid On-Line - Check out the virtual tours of skiing at Whiteface, a walk around Mirror Lake, a hike up Hurricane Mountain, or a visit to Santa's Workshop at North Pole, New York.
- Lake Pleasant
- Lewis County - Black River, Tug Hill: The land of the fisherman, of the camper, of the hunter, of the bicyclist, of the backpacker, of the skier, and the snowmobiler.
- Motels and Hotels in Plattsburgh, NY
- Mountain Lake PBS
- North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Northern N.Y.S. Businesses
- New York Bed and Breakfast
- New York Business Directory in The Adirondack Park in Upstate New York
- New York Olympic Regional Development Authority
- Plattsburgh, NY - Clinton County Public Transit (CCPT)
- Titus Mountain
- WPTZ - Plattsburgh's NBC Affiliate.
Visitors to Plattsburgh often set aside time to visit nearby Vermont. Vermont offers great natural beauty, and a distinctive cultural experience all its own.
Use these links to explore Vermont:
- Ben & Jerry's - Visit the home page of Vermont's very own masters of ice cream!
- BurlingtonVT - Learn what Burlington and its surrounding area has to offer.
- Burlington, Vermont Airport
- City of South Burlington - Official website
- DuPont Building, Burlington - Learn about this historic part of the Burlinton's Battery Street District.
- Jay Peak - Mountain resort.
- Jet Blue - Only All-Jet Service To Burlington, VT
- Killington - Mountain resort.
- Maple Grove Farms of Vermont
- Norman Rockwell Museum of Vermont - Established 1976, this museum commemorates Rockwell's Vermont years
- Okemo - Mountain resort.
- State of Vermont Home Page - The State of Vermont "The Green Mountain State"
- Stowe - Mountain resort.
- Sugarbush - Mountain resort.
- Vermont Attractions Association
- VermontGuides - Vermont people, places, business, events.
- Vermont Public Television Home Page - VPT is Vermont's statewide public television network, with seven broadcast channels to serve the entire state, as well as parts of New York, New Hampshire.
- Vermont Pure Springs Natural Spring Water
- Vermont Restaurants & Farms
- Vermont State Parks
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company - Vermont's furriest and cuddliest export.
- Vermont Travel & Tourism
- Vermont Weather
Plattsburgh's location provides visitors easy and convenient access to Montreal - one of the largest french-speaking cities in the world. Montreal rewards visitors with a distinctly Canadian, yet truly international, experience.
Use these links to explore Montreal:
To learn more about Plattsburgh and the Champlain Valley Region, please contact:
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-Free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901