The Class of 2020 By the Numbers
The newest class of Cardinals, composed of more than 1,000 students, joined roughly 4,000 upperclassmen on campus as the college community marked the beginning of the 2016-17 academic year.
The college’s 126th freshmen class brings students with new ideas and talents to Plattsburgh.
By the Numbers
- Out of 8,365, applications, 1,025 students enrolled. The acceptance rate was 48 percent.
- 412 received a Freshmen Merit Award (40 percent).
- The mean high school average for incoming freshmen is 89.
- The incoming transfer class numbers 494 students out of 1,476 applicants. Seventy of these students are studying at the branch campus in Queensbury.
- 64 percent of new graduate students attended SUNY Plattsburgh as an undergraduate.
- New graduate students come from 37 other undergraduate institutions including Cornell University, New York University and Clarkson University.
SUNY Plattsburgh has the highest percentage of international undergraduate students of any SUNY college. Their varied perspectives and insight enhance the Plattsburgh experience for all students.
- Not counting international students, 31 percent of new freshmen are people of color.
- About 130 new international students will begin their studies at Plattsburgh this fall.
- They represent 40 counties with the largest numbers coming from Vietnam, Japan, United Kingdom, India, Ethiopia, China and Canada.
For more information about SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012