Activities Set for Fall 2013 Opening Week and Move-In
SUNY Plattsburgh is offering a host of events to welcome the students who will be moving in for the fall semester, beginning Saturday, Aug. 24.
Below is a listing of partial listing for the week. For a more complete list of campus events, visit http://banner.plattsburgh.edu/pls/prod/events.week.
For more information on opening week, visit http://www.plattsburgh.edu/studentlife/openingweekinfo.php
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 8 a.m. – Residence halls open.
- 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. – Free lunch and carnival activities outside Champlain Valley Hall.
- 1 p.m. – Tie-dyeing in the Angell College Center Courtyard.
- 2 p.m. – Pick-up games/sports outside Kent Hall.
- 8 p.m. – Comedian Adam Mamawala in the Warren Ballrooms, Angell College Center.
- 9 p.m. – Late Night Weekends: Bingo in the Sundowner, Angell College Center.
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 3 p.m. – Matriculation Ceremony in E. Glenn Giltz Auditorium, Hawkins Hall.
- 7 p.m. – First floor meetings for all on-campus students.
- 9 p.m. – Outdoor movie: “The Great Gatsby” in the Angell College Center Courtyard.
Monday, Aug. 26
- 8 a.m. – Classes begin.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m. – Part-time Job Fair in Cardinal Lounge, Angell College Center.
Wednesday, Aug. 28
- 10:15 p.m. – Student Association Senate Meeting in the Cardinal Lounge, Angell College Center.
Thursday, Aug. 29
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Center for Student Involvement Open House in Room 110, Angell College Center.
For more information about Opening Week at SUNY Plattsburgh, visit the Angell College Center information desk or contact:
The Dean of Students Office
Phone: (518) 564-3282