Sandra M. Latourelle
Lecturer of Biological Sciences
- M.S.T. in Biology Education, SUNY Plattsburgh
- B.S. in Biology Education, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Miner Institute in vitro Cell Biology and Biotechnology, SUNY Plattsburgh, Spring 1988
- Population genetics with the local coyote population
- Strategies for Education
- Member of Dean's Advisory Board for Science and Education 2003-present
- Member of Plattsburgh State University of New York Professional Educators Development Council (PEDC) 2003-present
- Clinton, Essex, Warren, Washington BOCES Science Facilitator (1993-present)
Awards and Special Recognitions
- Founder Member of ActionBioscience.org Editorial Board 2004–present
- Region II (NY, NJ, PA) Elected Director for National Association of Biology Teachers 1999-present
- New York State Representative for National Association of Biology Teachers) 1995–2000
- New York State Science Education Leadership Association Officer (2000–2002)
- Recipient of SUNY Plattsburgh Teaching Excellence Award for Adjunct Faculty (2000)
- New York State Outstanding Biology Teacher (1995)
- Sigma Xi Northeastern Science Teacher of the Year Award (1991)
- Elwess, N. L., Latourelle, S. M., & Couthorn, O. (2004). Visualizing "Junk" DNA through bioinformatics. Journal of Biological Education. Accepted with revisions, August 2004.
- Elwess, N. L. & Latourelle, S. M. (2004). Inducing mutations in Paramecium: An inquiry based approach. BioScene 30(1), 25–34.
- Latourelle, S. M., et al. (2004) Biology: Review handbook for Regents Exam, living environment, Glencoe McGraw Hill.
- Latourelle, S. M. (2002). Student study guide to accompany life. New York. McGraw-Hill.
- Latourelle, S. M., & Seidel-Rogol, B. (1998). A demonstration of automated DNA sequencing. The American Biology Teacher, 60(3), 206–211.
Office: Hudson Hall 331
Phone: (518) 564-5163