Counselor Education Faculty — Dr. Bev Burnell
Coordinator, Student Affairs Professional Practice Program
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, 1999, Syracuse University.
- M.S. in College and Agency Counseling, 1983, SUNY Plattsburgh.
- B.S. in Secondary Mathematics, 1976, SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Student Affairs Practice.
- College Students and Environments.
- Career Development Counseling.
- Professional Orientation to Counseling.
- Counseling Practicum.
- Counseling Internship.
- Counseling Relationships and Skills.
- Group Counseling.
- Research Design and Methods.
- Consultation Procedures in Counseling.
- Counseling Pre-Practicum.
- Cultural Contexts in Counseling.
- Facilitating College Student Development.
- Counselor Educator: SUNY Plattsburgh, Fall 1998 - present.
- SUNY Oneonta, 1997-1998.
- Adjunct: Syracuse University, 1995-1997.
- Counselor: Fairmount Children's Day Treatment Center, Syracuse, 1995-1996.
- Peer Education Coordinator: Syracuse University, 1994-1995.
- College Counselor: Syracuse University, 1992-1994.
- Career Development Coordinator: University of Wisconsin - Parkside, 1984-1992.
- Academic, Career, and Student Support Services Counselor: SUNY Plattsburgh - 1982-1984.
- American Counseling Association.
- American College Personnel Association.
- National Career Development Association.
- Association of Counselor Education and Supervision.
- North Atlantic Region Association of Counselor Education and Supervision.
Rural counseling, career development, college student development, gender issues in counseling, counselor education, accreditation.
Integrated - based in existential philosophy, person-centered relationship building, and cognitive-behavioral techniques.
Office: Ward Hall, 106C
Office Phone: (518) 564-4177