Counselor Education Faculty — Mr. Clayton P. Reaser
- M.S. Ed. and C.A.S. School Counseling, State University of New York College at Plattsburgh, 1988.
- M.A. Comparative Religious Ethics, Temple University, 1973.
- B.D. Systematic Theology, Lutheran Theological Seminary (Gettysburg, PA), 1964.
- B.A. Psychology, Gettysburg College, 1961.
- Introduction to Counseling Techniques (undergraduate).
- Advanced Introduction to Counseling Techniques (undergraduate).
- Theories of Counseling.
- Professional School Counseling.
- Leadership & Advocacy in School Counseling.
- Counseling Practicum.
- School Internship.
- Counseling Relationships & Skills.
- Life Span Development.
- Counseling Persons with Disabilities.
- Cultural Contexts in Counseling.
Mr. Reaser's style uses an integrative perspective that reflects elements of existential, Rogerian and cognitive-behavioral themes and approaches.
- 1990-2001: Director of Guidance and Counseling, Keene Central School, Keene Valley, NY.
- 1975-1990: Home-School Coordinator, Chairperson of Committee on Special Education, School Counselor, Lake Placid Central Schools, Lake Placid, NY.
- 1984-1985: Tutor, Empire State College (Plattsburgh).
- 1977, 1979: Adjunct Assistant Professor, North Country Community College.
- 1969-1971: Teaching Assistant, Department of Religion, Temple University.
- Member, American Counseling Association.
- Member, New York Counseling Association.
- Member, New York State Association of Counselor Education Supervisors.
- Member, New York State School Counselors Association.
- 2001-2003: North Atlantic Region Representative, New York Counseling Association.
- 1997-2001: President-Elect, President, Past-President, New York Counseling Association.
- 1990-1997: Treasurer, New York Counseling Association.
Other Professional Activities
- Certified Career Zone Trainer, Department of Labor, New York.
- Consultant, Champlain Valley Educational Services.
Office: Ward Hall 106B
Office Phone: (518) 564-4182