Undergraduate Advisor and Academic Progress Office at SUNY Plattsburgh
“Not I, not any one else can travel that road for you, you must travel it for yourself.
“It is not far, it is within reach,
Perhaps you have been on it since you were born and did not know,
“Perhaps it is everywhere on water and on land …”
— Song of Myself, Walt Whitman
The objective of the Undergraduate Advising and Academic Progress Office is to empower undergraduate students through advisement.
This student-centered approach will provide the assistance needed for individuals to make informed decisions concerning their respective program.
For more information on the undergraduate programs at SUNY Plattsburgh, please visit:
- Admissions office
- Undergraduate catalog (671kB PDF, requires the free Acrobat Reader)
- Education undergraduate programs:
- Childhood education: This department provides undergraduate and graduate level programs for individuals interested in teaching grades 1–6.
- Adolescence education: This department provides undergraduate and graduate level programs for individuals interested in teaching grades 7–12.
- Special education: This department provides undergraduate and graduate level programs for individuals interested in teaching special education at the early childhood, childhood, and adolescent levels.
Dr. Denise Simard
Associate Professor/Chair of Undergraduate Education
Office: Sibley Hall 406
Phone: (518) 564-5111
Fax: (518) 564-2149