Special Education & Childhood Education Combined Program
Our Combined B.S./M.S.Ed. Program in Special & Childhood Education Allows You To:
- Earn 4 teaching certificates at the same time in:
- Elementary school classrooms grades 1–6.
- Special education settings grades 1–6.
- Special education birth–2nd grade settings.
- Childhood education birth–2nd grade settings.
- Link educational theories, principles, concepts, and practice through extensive hands-on experience in elementary schools.
- Benefit from an up-to-date and integrated curriculum that incorporates literacy and special education.
- Learn to be a qualified, caring and competent educator.
- Have personal advisement with full-time faculty.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Childhood Education (115-123 credits)
Masters of Science (M.S.Ed.) in Special Education (54 credits)
The degree has different parts:
- General education courses required for all students (minimum of 35 credits).
- Childhood education courses and extensive field experience (50 credits).
- 30 to 38 credits in one of the following academic concentrations: art, biology, chemistry, earth science, English, French, mathematics, music, social studies, or Spanish.
- Enter special education graduate classes in your 7th semester.
If you would like to learn more about our programs in special education at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Heidi Schnackenberg, Ph.D.
Program Area Coordinator, Master of Science in Education Programs
Office: Sibley Hall 309
Phone: (518) 564-5143
Fax: (518) 564-2149