STAR-NY Online Tutoring Service
This program provides free online tutoring for enrolled SUNY Plattsburgh students in several subject areas.
What You Need to Know
- Online Tutoring is free
- 20 SUNY colleges participate in online tutoring as part of a shared services consortium
- Each participating SUNY--including SUNY Plattsburgh--identifies trained and qualified tutors to provide online tutoring
- Depending on the night, your tutor may be from SUNY Plattsburgh or he/she may be from SUNY Morrisville, SUNY Cortland, etc.
Hours and Availability
Tutoring begins February 5 and concludes on May 11. During the week, online tutoring is available Sunday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Sunday - Thursday
- Accounting tutors provide assistance in Introductory Accounting.
- Biology tutors provide assistance in Introductory Level and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Chemistry tutors provide assistance in Introductory level and general Chemistry.
- Computer Science tutors provide assistance in Introductory level
- Economics tutors provide assistance in Introductory level, Macro & Micro
- Math tutors provide tutoring support in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics.
- Nursing tutors provide assistance in Introductory level
- Writing tutors provide assistance in any course below the 400 level (with the exception of foreign languages).
- Accounting tutors provide assistance in Introductory level
Monday & Wednesday ONLY
- Upper level writing tutors provide assistance through master's level
How to Access STAR-NY Online Tutoring
Go to http://www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp
SUNY Plattsburgh’s STAR-NY online tutoring is funded by the Claude J. Clark Learning Center and Library and Information Technology Services Online Learning.
Claude J. Clark Learning Center at SUNY Plattsburgh
Feinberg Library, Room 103 (First Floor)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-6138
Fax: (518) 564-6140