STAR-NY Online Tutoring Service
This program provides free online tutoring for enrolled SUNY Plattsburgh students in Math, Writing, Accounting, and Chemistry.
What You Need to Know
- Online Tutoring is free
- 20 SUNY colleges participate in online tutoring as part of a shared services consortium
- Each participating SUNY—including SUNY Plattsburgh—identifies trained and qualified tutors to provide online tutoring
- Depending on the night, your tutor may be from SUNY Plattsburgh or he/she may be from SUNY Morrisville, SUNY Cortland, etc
Hours and Availability
Tutoring begins September 6 and concludes on December 8. There is no tutoring over Thanksgiving break. During the week, online tutoring is available Sunday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to midnight.
Sunday - Thursday
- Math tutors provide tutoring support in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics.
- Writing tutors provide assistance in any course below the 400 level (with the exception of foreign languages).
- Accounting tutors provide assistance in Introductory Accounting.
- Chemistry tutors provide assistance in Introductory level and general Chemistry.
- Biology tutors provide assistance in Introductory Level and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Economics tutors provide assistance in Introductory level, Macro & Micro
- Computer Science tutors provide assistance in Introductory level
- Nursing tutors provide assistance in Introductory level
- Accounting tutors provide assistance in Introductory level
Monday & Wednesday ONLY
- Upper level writing tutors provide assistance through master's level
How to Access STAR-NY Online Tutoring
Go to http://www.cortland.edu/asap/online/STAR-NY_signin.asp
SUNY Plattsburgh’s STAR-NY online tutoring is funded by the Claude J. Clark Learning Center and Library and Information Technology Services Online Learning.
Claude J. Clark Learning Center at SUNY Plattsburgh
Feinberg Library, Room 103 (First Floor)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-6138
Fax: (518) 564-6140