Minor in Marketing
Our Marketing Minor Allows You To:
- Expand your career options by combining this minor with your major
- Specialize in an area of marketing
- Gain a general knowledge of marketing principles
Marketing Minor (18 credits)
The marketing minor provides you with the foundations of marketing as well as the opportunity to take a number of specialized marketing courses. The marketing minor offers an introduction to the field that may lead you to pursue a marketing major or another business major. The marketing minor also complements other majors and strengthens your credentials and skills in the job marketplace.
What Majors are Compatible with the Marketing Minor?
If you are taking the following majors, you will discover that a marketing minor will add to your credentials and marketability in the job market:
- Art therapy
- Fitness management
Suggestions for Course Clusters in the Marketing Minor:
- If you are looking to establish your expertise in one area of marketing, then plan to take courses that will offer you greater depth in a particular marketing function/skill area. For example, if you are interested in the promotion aspect of marketing, then you might choose Principles of Advertising, Sales Force Management, Interactive Marketing and E-Commerce, and Consumer Behavior. If you are interested in the distribution aspect of marketing, then you might choose Retail Store Management, Marketing Channels, Franchising in the U.S. and Canada.
- If you are looking to gain some knowledge in multiple areas of marketing, then plan to take courses that will offer you greater breadth of knowledge. For example, you could take Principles of Advertising (Promotion), Procurement (Pricing), Marketing Channels (Distribution), and Creativity in Marketing (Product Development).
Other Recommended Activities for Marketing Minors:
For more information about the marketing program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Dr. Lise Heroux, Chairperson
Office: Au Sable Hall 213
Phone: (518) 564-4209