Graduate Assistantship Opening in the Expeditionary Studies
This position provides a half-time tuition scholarship (in-state rate) and a half-time stipend for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Logistical organization for off-campus classes and programming.
- Teaching assistance in area/s of specialization.
- Preparation of equipment distribution for off-campus classes and travel.
- Mentorship, leadership, and assistance in planning programming for undergraduate teaching assistants.
- Preference given to newly accepted students in the M.S. Expeditionary Studies program
- Ability to assist introductory level expeditionary studies courses, including Outdoor Living Skills and any introductory courses int he following: climbing, paddlesports, or snow sports.
- National and International certifications, including, specifically, Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Possesses strong organizational skills with the ability to attend to details
- Demonstrated strong ability to work independently on assigned projects and initiatives
- Local Residency
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application Form by February 15. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php There is additional paperwork that is available through the department that must be filled out. Please contact Dr. Soroka directly for this paperwork.
For more information about the position, contact:
Dr. Laurence Soroka
Phone: (518) 564-5292