About Our Campuses
SUNY Plattsburgh is a residential campus, located in a small city. SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury is a branch campus, offering selected undergraduate and graduate programs. Both campuses are walkable, safe, and scenic.
Four-year, public comprehensive college
Average Class Size:
Percentage of tenure-track faculty holding the highest degree:
Check Your SUNY Plattsburgh Application Status
If you have applied for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh, you can check the status of your application online in your personal MyPlattsburgh account.
Before Logging In
Please be sure to read all information below before logging in.
- Applications can be viewed one week after being submitted. Because the Applications are first processed by an intermediary (SUNY Application Services Center or the Common Application Organization), there is typically a minimum one-week delay between when you submit it and when we receive it. You will not be able to access your MyPlattsburgh account until we have received your application and processed it.
- Know your Net ID and set your password. To login, you must enter your Net ID and set your password. If you submitted an email address when you applied, your Net ID was sent to that address. If you did not submit an e-mail address, or did not receive the email that was sent, you can look up your Net ID on the login page. Before you can login, you must set your password. Be sure to click on the "Is this your first login? Click here to set your password" link and enter your birth date and social security number to set your password.
- If you did not submit your social security number at the time of application, SUNY Plattsburgh will create a unique applicant ID number that can be used in lieu of your social security number to set your password. You will be notified of your unique applicant ID number by mail.
- If you have difficulties logging into MyPlattsburgh. Please contact the Admissions Office to verify that your login information is correct. If you have done so, and are still having difficulties logging in, please contact the Computing and Media Services Helpdesk at (518) 564-4433.
After Logging In
- Once you have logged in to MyPlattsburgh, click on the Admissions tab. The current status of your application (including any missing items) will be listed. In addition to your current status and any missing items, you will also be able to see a variety of links and announcements customized to your interests, and see exactly what needs to be completed in order to enroll for the upcoming semester.
- Please note that SUNY Plattsburgh sends the official notification of your decision through the U.S. Postal Service. The information in MyPlattsburgh is provided as a guidance tool, but is subject to change without notice.
- Should any of the information in your account be incorrect or should you have any questions, please contact the admissions office toll-free at (888) 673-0012 or email us at email@example.com.
Check Application Status Now
The Admissions Office is located on the 10th floor of the Kehoe Building.
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901