Getting to Hawkins Hall from Vermont and New Hampshire (East)
View Downloadable Campus Maps
- Take I-89 N in Vermont to exit 17 (Route 2)
- Bear right on Route 2. Follow Route 2 until junction with Route 314
- Make a left on 314 W next to Mobil station
- Follow to blinking caution light, turn left and board the ferry (Northern Crossing - Grand Isle to Plattsburgh)
- When you reach NY, follow 314 W until stoplight
- Turn left on Route 9 and follow Hospital signs
- At the next traffic light, turn right on Boynton Avenue
- Drive approximately three quarters of a mile, then turn left on Beekman Street
- Continue past Hospital entrance
- At the next traffic light, you will see Hawkins Hall ahead on the right (Hawkins Hall is a castle-like building)
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Cornelia Street (Route 3)
- The Hawkins Hall parking lot will be on your left
Estimated Travel Times by Car
- Burlington, VT: 1 hour
- New Hampshire: approximately 4.5 hrs.
Note: Please contact the Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help estimating travel times from locations not listed.
General Travel Information
Note: Local taxis are available and affordable.
Maps and Travel Guides
Need A Place to Stay?
Staying in Plattsburgh is easy. Due to active tourism in the region, there are several major hotel chains within a short distance to the campus.
For more information about visiting SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Office: 10th floor of the Kehoe Building
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901