What To Do If You Receive A Bomb Threat
When responding to a bomb threat: DO NOT HANG UP THE PHONE!
During the Call
Stay on the phone and follow these steps:
- Ask someone to call University Police at 518-564-2022.
- Talk with the caller, try to take notes, record the Caller ID, and any exact words.
- Be aware of whether the individual is male or female, young or old, calm or angry. Note any background noises.
Ask These Questions:
- Where is the bomb?
- What does the bomb look like? What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause the bomb to explode?
- Who placed the bomb? Why was the bomb placed? Where are you calling from? What is your name?
After the Call
- Immediately contact University Police at (518) 564-2022.
- Remain calm; do not panic.
- If you are told to evacuate, walk to the nearest exit, and tell other people to exit.
- Move to a safe area at least 150 feet from the building.
Click here for the bomb threat checklist.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986