Suspicious Packages: What You Need to Know
Handling suspicious packages or envelopes:
- Do not shake or empty contents.
- Do not carry the package. Place it on a stable surface.
- Do not sniff, touch or look closely at it or any spilled contents.
- Leave the area, close doors, and prevent other people from entering the area.
- Call University Police at 518-564-2022 to report suspicious packages.
- Wash hands with soap and water to remove any contamination.
- If possible, identify people who may have been in contact with the suspicious package.
Identifying suspicious packages and envelopes:
- Strange labeling: too much postage, no return address, strange wording.
- Soiled packaging: powdery substances, stains, odors.
- Other signs: heavy weight, ticking sound, protruding wires or foil.
For more information, please contact:
Emergency Management Director
Phone: (518) 564-4950
Fax: (518) 564-7986