Instructions for Completing CP-1 Form
This form is used when making an appointment or re-appointment after a break in service of one semester or more. The CP-1 for a new appointment to a non-Civil Service position is generated in the Onling Recruitment System. Contact HRS for assistance. A CP-1 form should include a copy of the person's resume, original transcripts and other credentials, and the appointment letter. (Human Resources Services generates appointment letters for professional positions.) CP-1 forms for academic employees teaching in multiple departments should be coordinated through a central office.
- PJ Number: This is the PJ number of the search from which incumbent is being hired.
- Appointment Type: Check one.
- Name: Please indicate appointee's legal name here, including middle initial.
- SUNY ID: This # is generated after the person is entered in the SUNY payroll system and will be added by HRS. Note: All employees must have a US social security number
- Home Address: Please indicate appointee's home address here. Campus addresses are not acceptable
- Home Phone: Please indicate appointee's home telephone number here.
- Date of Birth: Please indicate appointee's date of birth here.
- U.S. Citizen: Please indicate "yes" or "no". (Human Resource Services will be responsible for obtaining appropriate documentation from the appointee)
- Most Recent State Service: Please indicate the most recent semester or the last date employed by New York State. If employed with a state agency other than Plattsburgh State University of New York, please specify the name of the agency.
- Prior Professional Service Credit Granted: Please indicate if such credit was granted at the time of the negotiation by selecting "yes " or "no ." Prior Professional Service Credit granted must be indicated in the appointment letter.
- Years Granted: If there has been Prior Professional Service Credit granted, please specify the number of years, up to a maximum of three years (reference Article XI, Title B, 3(d) and Title C, 4(a)(2)(c) of the Board of Trustees Policies).
- Department Name: Please indicate employing department here.
- Line Number: Please insert line number from Authorization to Recruit here or leave blank for completion by the Budget Office.
- Account Number: SUNY Plattsburgh account number(s) where position is to be charged.
- Percentage: Please indicate percentage to be charged to each account number here, if using more than one account.
- Supervisor's Name: Please indicate the direct supervisor of the appointee here.
- FTE: If full time use 1.0. If part-time academic, please refer to chart below, otherwise will be determined by Budget office based on work obligation.
||Adjunct Lecturer FTE
||Adjunct Lecturer FTE
- Budget Title/Grade: Must correlate with approved SUNY System Administration titles. (Reference the Job Specification Reference Guides or contact Human Resource Services)
- Campus Title: Descriptive title applicable to Plattsburgh State University of New York.
- Compensation: Please indicate amount of compensation and designate the appropriate time period here. If the period is other, please provide an explanation. The amount of compensation should be consistent with the Authorization to Recruit.
- Appointment Type: Please select one box on each line. (Reference Board of Trustees policies Article XI, Titles A through G for definitions, if necessary)
- Appointment Effective: Please indicate the beginning and ending dates of the appointment here. If academic appointment, semester start date should be used.
- Work Obligation: Please select one box and indicate active dates of service if "College Year" or "Other." Work obligation may differ from appointment dates. "College Year" appointments are appropriate when a professional employee will work more than 10 months but less than 12 months. "Other" appointments are appropriate for employees whose obligation differs from the available categories.
Part-Time Academic Employees, please be sure to complete the following:
- Consecutive Semesters Question: Please indicate the number of consecutive semesters that this appointee has been working here with a temporary appointment. Note: After the completion of six consecutive semesters, a term appointment must be granted.
- Courses: Please indicate all courses the appointee will be teaching here, including course number & title; number of credits per course and salary per course.
- Approvals/Signature Route: Route in order indicated. Upon completion of signature approval section, HR will distribute copies to offices indicated on distribution list found at the bottom of the CP-1.
Download CP-1 Appointment Form (Fillable) (MS Word file size 25KB)
Human Resource Services
Address: 101 Broad Street, Plattsburgh, NY 12901-2681
Campus Location: Kehoe 912
Phone: (518) 564-5062
Fax: (518) 564-5060
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm