Institutional Advancement at SUNY Plattsburgh
Working to Improve and Serve the Needs of the College
The role of institutional advancement at SUNY Plattsburgh is to promote understanding of the College among its varied constituencies, and securing adequate public and private support essential to fulfillment of our mission.
This is accomplished by:
- Fostering continuing growth of a comprehensive development (fund raising) program that encompasses annual program support needs, special-purpose needs, capital campaigns, and endowment needs.
- Implementing a comprehensive communications program that includes public information, marketing, publications and internal communications.
- Increasing the quality and quantity of alumni involvement in the life of the institution and increasing and strengthening the bond of friendship and loyalty to the institution.
- Developing ongoing formal linkages and enhancing existing relationships with the executive and legislative branches of state and local governments.
Institutional Advancement cultivates goodwill, leading to concrete actions that support the college.
Institutional Advancement will:
- Promote lifelong positive relationships with alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of the college;
- Attract increased charitable support to ensure students have access to an excellent educational experience and to constantly enhance the Plattsburgh Experience;
- Make the college’s reputation synonymous with student success; and
- Effectively manage data and delivery systems necessary to advance the college.
Anne Whitmore Hansen
Executive Director Plattsburgh College Foundation
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Office: Hawkins Hall 109
Phone: (518) 564-2090