SUNY Plattsburgh 2016 Conference on Teaching and Learning:
Call for Proposals
Sponsored by the Center for Teaching Excellence (C.T.E.)
Invitation to Submit Proposals
Due July 25, 2016
The State University of New York College at Plattsburgh's Center for Teaching Excellence announces a call for proposals for its 6th-annual conference on teaching and learning. The conference theme is "New Directions for a New Generation." We invite faculty members in all disciplines and professionals in all fields to submit proposals for interactive workshops and presentations.
We are interested in presentations that address the challenges in teaching posed by the many forces that shape our students' ability to be successful learners. Topics can range from how to deal with the impact of technology and social media on learning, to the consequences of national educational policies such as No Child Left Behind and Common Core for student preparedness for post-secondary education. We encourage presentations that can offer insight into the conditions that give rise to the current generational context as well as presentations that can point us in directions to improve teaching and learning at the post-secondary level.
New Directions for a New Generation will begin on the SUNY Plattsburgh Campus on Saturday, October 1, at 9:00AM. Don't miss the opportunity to participate in our conference! Submissions will be reviewed by the Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence, the CTE Task Force, and former presenters at the CTE conference. Presenters will be notified by August 26th, 2016 of their acceptance.
The committee will select proposals that demonstrate the greatest potential for contributing to the quality of the conference. Please note that, as a teaching conference, a high premium is placed on proposals that actively engage the attendees through discussion or hands-on modeling in workshop format. Excessive use of presentation software, such as Power Point, is discouraged.
Instructions for Proposal Submittal
Deadline for Submission: July 25, 2016
Submit proposals via email to: email@example.com
Please provide the following in Word document format:
- Proposed session title
- Primary Presenter: Name, Title, Institution, Address, Phone, Fax, and Email
- Co-Presenter(s) if applicable: Name, Title, Institution, Address, Phone, Fax, and Email
- Brief (100 words or fewer) bios of presenter(s). If bio exceeds word limit, it will be edited.
- Description: No longer than 500 words (including a 75-word description of the session for the conference program).
- Audiovisual and/or tech requests
Criteria for Evaluation
- Clarity of session relevance to theme
- Clarity of description of planned session activities
- Innovative quality of teaching strategies
- Evidence for success of strategies
- Appropriate references for background information
- Overall quality and audience appeal
For more information about the Center for Teaching Excellence, please contact:
Becky Kasper, Ph.D., Director
301 Feinberg Library, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-3043
Fax: (518) 564-5100