Winter Commencement Check List
Prior to Commencement
- Meet with advisor to verify eligibility to graduate.
- Apply to graduate by completing formal application for diploma through the Registrar's Office before Saturday, April 30, 2016 to guarantee name will be included in Commencement Program. Applications will be accepted after that date, but there is no guarantee that the names will be included if students wait until the last minute to apply.
- Please go to "apply for diploma" on our commencement website for directions.
- Attend Winter Grad Expo. The expo will be held on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 from 12 to 6 p.m. in the Cardinal Lounge, Angell College Center. You can purchase caps and gowns, commencement announcements, class rings, diploma frames and other gift items relating to Commencement.
- Order honor society cord through College Store by mid November.
- Make last minute purchase (bachelor's degree approximately $42) or rental (master's degree approximately $36 and an additional $36 for a hood), of academic regalia at College Store in early December. Prices are subject to change.
- Pick up name cards at Angell College Center Information Desk, Monday-Friday, Dec. 12-16, 2016.
- Attend Commencement Reception on Friday, Dec. 16, 2016 starting at 3:30 p.m., in Willard C. Flynt Commons, Angell College Center -- family and friends invited.
Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016
- Doors to Field House Gymnasium open to guests at 9:00 a.m. for the commencement ceremony.
- Degree candidates assemble on the upper level of the Stafford Ice Arena by 9:15 a.m. for the lineup. Please bring academic regalia with you.
- For those unable to pick up name card during the week prior to Winter Commencement, pick up name cards at the Field House Will-Call Window and complete.
For more information about Winter Commencement at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Office of the President
159 Hawkins Hall
(518) 564-2010 (phone)
(518) 564-3932 (fax)