Inter-Sorority Association (ISA)
The Inter-Sorority Association (ISA) is the governing and advisory body of the sororities at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Purpose: We empower sororities to be values-driven organizations.
Vision: To be a values-driven culture that creates better women.
Mission: The mission of the Inter-Sorority Association is to create order by defining common values and community standards to guide and support fraternities and sororities in constancy of purpose.
Values: Integrity, Friendship, Scholarship, Leadership, Service
Additionally, the function of the Inter-Sorority Association is to:
- Provide and act as the representative central government of the sororities;
- Promote harmonious relations among sororities;
- Promote and support the charitable programs of each sorority chapter;
- Standardize, control, and regulate the recruitment and new member education activities of the sororities;
- Act as the judicial body for sorority violations, ISA rules, and/or other violations that impair the Sorority Community;
- Promote fraternal expansion;
- Enforce that sororities maintain accreditation through the Fraternal Excellence Initiative;
- Be a resource for all fraternal endeavors to promote growth for sororities and the community;
- Communicate and advocate the values sororities were founded upon;
- Act as a resource for organizations to reach individual goals;
- Facilitate and help promote personal, interpersonal, and organizational integrity.
Inter-Sorority Association Council Executive Board
The Inter-Sorority Association President has overall responsibility for the operation of the Inter-Sorority Association. She presides at all regular, executive and special meetings of ISA and is the official spokesman and representative for sororities on the Committee on Fraternal Affairs, and other committee as requested. In addition, he is responsible for regular communication with the Director of Fraternity/Sorority Life, the sorority chapter presidents, and Interfraternity Council President.
The Inter-Sorority Association Vice President of Standards serves as Chairman of the ISA Fraternal Standards Board. She is the sorority representative to the Fraternal Review & Referral Committee, a college committee that convenes to discuss potential violations of fraternity/sorority policy and makes a determination of how to handle the investigation and adjudication. She is also the sorority representative on the College Committee for Group Review in the event that a sorority charge is being adjudicated through the College's judicial process. The VP of Standards serves as Parliamentarian during ISA Regular Meetings and annually convenes a committee to review the constitution and bylaws of the Association. She presides over the Inter-Sorority Association in the absence of the President.
The Inter-Sorority Association Vice Presidents have the responsibility of serving as a resource to all sorority women in the areas of scholarship, diversity, recruitment, risk management, public relations and leadership. In addition, they are responsible for serving as liaisons to the IFC/ISA programming committees. The Vice Presidents will also assume responsibility for the financial management and official record keeping of all ISA meetings.
Programming committees are supervised collectively by the Interfraternity Council and Inter-Sorority Association and can be found here.
ISA Member Sororities
- Alpha Epsilon Phi National Sorority
- Alpha Phi International Fraternity
- Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority
- Omega Phi Beta National Sorority
- Sigma Delta Tau National Sorority
- Sigma Lambda Upsilon National Sorority
- Theta Alpha Lambda Local Sorority
- Theta Phi Alpha Sorority Colony
- Theta Nu Xi National Sorority
For more information about Fraternity/Sorority Life at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Director of Fraternity/Sorority Life & Organization Development
Angell College Center 204
Phone: (518) 564-4825