New Student Orientation at SUNY Plattsburgh
Reminder: Online Registration Begins 5/27/15
Check out our Facebook page!
Information for First-Year Students
At Orientation you will:
- Register early for classes
- Meet new friends
- Have fun!
- Become familiar with the campus community
- Find answers to your many questions
- Gain the insight needed for a smooth transition at SUNY Plattsburgh
What Should I Bring With Me to Orientation?
Items to consider:
- Personal items/toiletries, umbrella, fan, rain coat and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Students will need to bring their own sheets & towels. Most bring a sleeping bag.
- Sneakers or athletic shoes will be helpful to have for student activities and walking around campus.
- Pillows are available but many students and family members tell us their stay is more comfortable with a pillow from home.
- Families staying on campus have sheets, towels and washclothes provided.
The Family Program
Your family is welcome and encouraged to join you for your Orientation Session. We can guarantee that we will keep them busy, informed, and entertained with a program we have designed just for them! In participating in the Family Program, your family members will:
- Develop a comfort level with SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Learn about the topics and concerns that family members have told us are most important to them.
- Learn how to be a valuable and supportive resource for you as you progress as a student at SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Have lots of fun with our Family Staff!
Family Testimonials from Last Summer:
"Superb! You can tell everyone in the group was committed to bring a good message to us and our kids." ~ Parent
Absolutely phenomenal! ~Parent
"Helped to ease the concerns of parents." ~ Parent
"I expected less but was pleasantly surprised with the investment made by all in this program." ~ Parent
"Terrific program! Handouts and presentations were extremely helpful." ~ Parent
"The best Orientation program I've ever seen!" ~ Parent
For more information or questions about Student Orientation at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact: