Technology Services at SUNY Plattsburgh
We Help to Ensure Your Success
The Division of Library and Information Services (LIS) supports campus technology needs by providing the services and facilities that keep you working efficiently, and by creating an environment that is stable, secure, and user-friendly. Technology Services include...
- Classrooms - Equipped with technology for teaching and learning.
- E-Mail - We have now launched the new and improved system.
- Feinberg Computer Lab - View Lab Hours.
- Helpdesk & ResNet - Offering help with repairs, questions, purchases, and more.
- Media Services - to make the most of your classroom, presentation, or special event activities.
- Instructional Technology - Offering programs and services that encourage the advantageous use of technologies in teaching and learning.
- Network Services - manages a million-dollar technology infrastructure that keeps our campus community connected and running smoothly.
- Computer Information Systems - Banner, programming requests, systems management, test scanning/scoring
- Wireless Services - Check out our Wireless Services page for details.
- Wireless Printing - Print files from your laptop to campus printers. WebPrint lets you print Microsoft Office files and PDFs to campus printers, from your Windows 7 laptop or Mac OS laptop. NOTE: WebPrint currently does not work on IOS mobile devices.
- MyPlattsburgh - This secure Web portal integrates applications, services, and information for all users. Content is delivered in a customized way (MyPlattsburgh "knows who you are" at log-in), with just one sign-in.
- Moodle - the learning management system (LMS) that SUNY Plattsburgh uses to create and manage online courses. Moodle is guided by a social constructionist pedagogy.
Updates and New Services
Hudson Hall upgrades - new equipment installed summer 2013.
Hawkins Hall upgrades - Room 053B has 30 new machines.
Feinberg Library - Presentation Rooms 304, 308, and 310 upgraded.
Redcay 101 Lab - available for Fall 2013.
Network Enhancements - You can never have enough bandwidth, so we have added more of it. We are also working to improve hardware that is expected to improve the system significantly.
For more information about technology at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Phone: (518) 564-4433 / toll-free 1-800-787-8773