Activities and Resources in the Lake Champlain Valley Region
New York State
SUNY Plattsburgh is a major intellectual and cultural center in Upstate New York and the Champlain Valley.
Use these links to explore Upstate New York:
- Adirondack Mountain Club
- Adirondack Park Waterways and Paddling
- Adirondack Sports & Fitness - An excellent source of information on sports and activities in the Adirondacks. Features a message board and many articles by local authors.
- Champlain Shores - Visitors and convention bureau for Lake Champlain and Adirondack regions.
- Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital (CVPH) Medical Center
- Current Local Weather - Planning a visit? Use this resource to check on the weather.
- Fort Ticonderoga - Visit the site of the first American victory in the Revolutionary War.
- Franklin County - More than 230 lakes and hundreds of miles of rivers, plus biking, horseback riding and more.
- Gore Mountain
- Hometown Radio 1340 AM
- Lake Champlain Birding Trail
- Lake Champlain Ferries
- Lake George - Whitewater rafting, canoeing, skiing, golfing, camping - a "four-season vacation paradise."
- Lake Placid On-Line - Check out the virtual tours of skiing at Whiteface, a walk around Mirror Lake, a hike up Hurricane Mountain, or a visit to Santa's Workshop at North Pole, New York.
- Lake Pleasant
- Lewis County - Black River, Tug Hill: The land of the fisherman, of the camper, of the hunter, of the bicyclist, of the backpacker, of the skier, and the snowmobiler.
- Motels and Hotels in Plattsburgh, NY
- Mountain Lake PBS
- North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Northern N.Y.S. Businesses
- New York Bed and Breakfast
- New York Business Directory in The Adirondack Park in Upstate New York
- New York Olympic Regional Development Authority
- Plattsburgh, NY - Clinton County Public Transit (CCPT)
- Titus Mountain
- WPTZ - Plattsburgh's NBC Affiliate.
Visitors to Plattsburgh often set aside time to visit nearby Vermont. Vermont offers great natural beauty, and a distinctive cultural experience all its own.
Use these links to explore Vermont:
- Ben & Jerry's - Visit the home page of Vermont's very own masters of ice cream!
- BurlingtonVT - Learn what Burlington and its surrounding area has to offer.
- Burlington, Vermont Airport
- City of South Burlington - Official website
- DuPont Building, Burlington - Learn about this historic part of the Burlinton's Battery Street District.
- Jay Peak - Mountain resort.
- Jet Blue - Only All-Jet Service To Burlington, VT
- Killington - Mountain resort.
- Maple Grove Farms of Vermont
- Norman Rockwell Museum of Vermont - Established 1976, this museum commemorates Rockwell's Vermont years
- Okemo - Mountain resort.
- State of Vermont Home Page - The State of Vermont "The Green Mountain State"
- Stowe - Mountain resort.
- Sugarbush - Mountain resort.
- Vermont Attractions Association
- VermontGuides - Vermont people, places, business, events.
- Vermont Public Television Home Page - VPT is Vermont's statewide public television network, with seven broadcast channels to serve the entire state, as well as parts of New York, New Hampshire.
- Vermont Pure Springs Natural Spring Water
- Vermont Restaurants & Farms
- Vermont State Parks
- Vermont Teddy Bear Company - Vermont's furriest and cuddliest export.
- Vermont Travel & Tourism
- Vermont Weather
Plattsburgh's location provides visitors easy and convenient access to Montreal - one of the largest french-speaking cities in the world. Montreal rewards visitors with a distinctly Canadian, yet truly international, experience.
Use these links to explore Montreal:
- Coach Canada - Offers charter bus, airport shuttle, sightseeing, group tour and taxi service in over 120 locations in Canada and the United States.
- Cross-country skiing in Montreal
- Current Weather in Montreal, Canada
- Historic City Center: Old Montreal - The Historic City Centre of Montreal, its heritage, history, architecture, activities, lodging facilities.
- Montreal Botanical Garden and Insectarium
- Montreal Canadiens - Official site of the Montreal Canadiens.
- Montreal Hotel Discounts and City Guide
- Montreal Malls - Shopping directory of retail stores and services
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Montreal Online - News and events.
- Montreal Planetarium
- moremontreal.com - Englsih-language guide to events in Montreal.
- Visions of Montreal
To learn more about Plattsburgh and the Champlain Valley Region, please contact:
Phone: (518) 564-2040
Toll-Free: (888) 673-0012
Fax: (518) 564-2045
Email: [email protected]
Mailing Address:SUNY Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901