Chuo-Hsuan (Jason) Lee
Professor of Accounting
Dr. Chuo-Hsuan (Jason) Lee is a professor of the Department of Accounting. Dr. Lee received his bachelor’s degree in management science and master’s degree in economics from the National Chiao-Tung University and the National Tsing-Hua University in Taiwan, respectively. He earned his Ph.D. in Accounting (2003) from Kent State University.
Dr. Lee’s research interests include corporate governance, corporate payout policy, earnings management, executive compensation and cost management. His recent publications have appeared in many refereed journals.
Dr. Lee’s teaching interests include financial and managerial accounting, intermediate accounting, and cost accounting. He holds a CPA license from the state of Washington. He is also a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Financial Manager (CFM), and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). In addition, he earned the Certificate of Distinguished Performance from the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) for his top performance in the certification exams in 2005.
- Ph.D. in Accounting, Kent State University
- M.A. in Economics, National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan
- B.S. in Management Science, National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Intermediate accounting and cost accounting
- Corporate governance, corporate payout policy, earnings management, and executive compensation
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2011
Contact Chuo-Hsuan (Jason) Lee
Office: Au Sable Hall 217
Phone: (518) 564-4211