How to Read a Degree Works Audit Report
Degree Works (DW)
Degree Works is a comprehensive degree audit tool that helps students and their advisors keep track of bachelor's degree requirements. Upon your admission to SUNY Plattsburgh, all students have online access to their first Degree Works Audit Report. As you progress in your SUNY Plattsburgh education, your DW report is continuously updated to reflect any change to your academic record (e.g., grades earned, requirements fulfilled, changes in your major/minor).
The Degree Works Audit Report includes important information, such as:
- Your basic academic information (e.g., name, major, advisor's name, BannerID number);
- Placement and proficiency exam results;
- Overall "College degree requirements" (e.g., your cumulative GPA, major GPA, number of credits earned);
- Your "major requirements;"
- Your "General Education requirements;"
- All courses awarded as transfer/AP credit from prior institutions (if any);
- Links to course descriptions and future offerings of courses; and
- An interactive "what if" feature that allows you to imagine yourself in different major/minor combinations.
It is important that you review your DW report each semester. Though you will have assistance from your academic advisor, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure you have completed all requirements for your degree.
View Your Degree Works Audit Report Online
You have 24/7 access to your DW report. Follow these steps to review/print your Degree Works Report prior to your course advisement meeting (or at any time):
- Visit the SUNY Plattsburgh home page: web.plattsburgh.edu.
- Click on MyPlattsburgh (top right corner of the page).
- Click login to MyPlattsburgh, enter your Plattsburgh netID and password.
- Click on Login.
- Select the Student Services tab.
- Under the Degree Audit/Information (left hand side of the page) click SUNY Degree Works Login.
- In the new window, under the options for Your Campus, select Plattsburgh.
- Enter your Plattsburgh netID and password and click login.
- Once logged into Degree Works, click Worksheets on the left hand side of the page.
- If you wish to print your DW Report, click on “Save as PDF” and print from the new window that opens.
Degree Works Help
The "HELP" tab in Degree Works offers an easy yet comprehensive reference guide to understanding each section of your audit report.
If you have a question about something specific on your DW audit report, contact the Registrar's Office at [email protected].
If you are new to Degree Works Audit reports, view a short video produced for new students in preparation for 2016 Summer Orientation.This 12-minute Degree Works screencast video will help you to interpret many of the essential blocks of information on your DW report. (Degree Works audit reports continuously improve with new information; some of your DW sections may have been renamed or reordered.)
Office Location: Feinberg 101-103
Phone: (518) 564-2080
Fax: (518) 564-2079
Email: [email protected]