Minor in Art Therapy for Art Majors and Studio Art Minors
Our Art Therapy Minor Allows You To
- Learn about the field of art therapy.
- Gain a solid background in psychology and application of psychological theory.
- Prepare for application to graduate programs in art therapy.
Minor in Art Therapy (Art Major and Studio Art Minor) (24 credits)
Students interested in pursuing graduate work in the field are provided a diverse, challenging and creative blend of course work that follows the American Art Therapy Association guidelines for undergraduate study. Students learn specifically about the field through two art therapy courses, both taught by an art therapist.
- Art therapy minor for art majors and studio art minors course curriculum
- Art course descriptions
- Psychology course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about art therapy at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Rick Mikkelson, Coordinator
SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor of Art
Office: Myers Fine Arts 209
Phone: (518) 564-2464