Alpha Mu Alpha (A.M.A.) acknowledges the achievements of outstanding marketing students across the country.
- GPA in top 10% of marketing majors.
- Only students and faculty from colleges and universities with established A.M.A. collegiate chapters or which are recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business are eligible.
- Dr. Nancy Church
Beta Gamma Sigma is the honor society serving business programs accredited by A.A.C.S.B. International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a business program accredited by AACSB International.
While almost 300,000 students in the U.S. receive a baccalaureate or master's degrees in business each year, less than 20,000 earn a membership in Beta Gamma Sigma. To be eligible for nomination, you must:
- be a business major with an academic ranking that places you in the upper 7 percent of the junior class or upper 10 percent of the senior class with a minimum of a 3.5. Both the overall quality point average and the QPA in major are used for this test; and
- be at least a junior with 45 on-campus credit hours of which 18 must be in the major.
- Dr. Kevin O'Neill
Eta Sigma Delta is an international honor society that recognizes exceptional academic achievement among hospitality and tourism students. Eta Sigma Delta is administered by the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (International CHRIE), the leading international association devoted to hospitality and tourism education.
To be eligible for nomination, you must:
- have completed fifty percent (50%) of the credit hours required for graduation;
- have officially declared as a hospitality management major (or related field);
- be enrolled in an institution that belongs to International CHRIE;
- have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in a 4.0 system or its equivalent in another grading system
be in the top 20% of the class; and
- agree to uphold the values of excellence, leadership, creativity, service and ethics.
Important Note: Students who have not met the above criteria but who are considered honor students in hospitality management and have demonstrated outstanding contributions in the field of hospitality, tourism, and/or culinary arts can be awarded membership by the Board of Governors upon the recommendation of the Chapter Advisor. Supporting documentation is required.
- Mr. John Parmelee
Omicron Delta Epsilon recognizes scholastic attainment and honors outstanding achievements in economics.
- GPA overall 3.0.
- 12 credits in Economics with 3.0 average.
- Dr. Robert Christopherson
- Dr. Neal Duffy
Sigma Nu Tau is a collegiate honor society established at SUNY Plattsburgh in 2009 to recognize students, faculty members and entrepreneurs who have either excelled in the study of entrepreneurship or who are exemplary models of principled entrepreneurship.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.2.
- Junior class standing.
- Honor and Integrity.
- Evidence of strong entrepreneurial spirit.
Faculty Eligibility Requirements
- Full-time or part-time faculty.
- Contribution to the enhanced study of entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneur Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstration of a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a model of principled entrepreneurship.
- Dr. Nancy J. Church
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you have any questions about the School of Business & Economics at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Dr. Rowena Ortiz-Walters, Dean
Office: Au Sable Hall 331
Phone: (518) 564-3185
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901