Careers in Business Administration
Business Administration Opens Doors to Many Career Options
The list of the fastest growing occupation in the past 10 years does not include business administration, but someone has to coordinate and manage the people who are in these professions. This is where you and your background in business administration come in!
Behind every business operation is someone who understands how to work well in an organization and a working knowledge of the following:
- Accounting — understand auditing, budget analysis, financial accounting and management, taxation and real estate.
- Business Economics — understand supply and demand, the decisions and factors that drive those trends.
- Finance — understand how the money for business projects is raised and managed, with attention to corporate finance, investment banking, commercial banking, financial planning, securities and money management.
- International Business — understand the dynamic patterns of international business, focusing on global economic, political, and social trends.
- Legal Studies — understand legal issues and trends affecting business and society.
- Management — understand the skills to motivate, allocate personnel, organizational design and planning.
- Marketing — understand the marketing of goods and services, from producers to consumers, brand and product management, advertising, market research, and public relations.
- Operations Management — understand the basics of managing computer-integrated firms, production and operations management, manufacturing, and research analyst.
SUNY Plattsburgh Career Development Center
Our Career Development Center provides services, resources, and programs designed to help students and alumni to better understand the career development process, and to enhance their professional preparation and employability.
The School of Business’s Office of Career Opportunities and Internships is also available to assist you with your career goals.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about business administration at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Dr. Brian Neureuther, Chair
Office: Au Sable Hall 323
Phone: (518) 564-4197
Fax: (518) 564-4215
School of Business & Economics
101 Broad St
Plattsburgh, NY 12901