National and International Student Organizations
- I Went to College for This?: How to turn your job into a career you love. Joyce, Amy. New York: McGraw-Hill, c2003, Location/Call Number: Odegaard Career Books HF5381 .J678 2003
- Promoting Yourself: 52 lessons for getting to the top--and staying there. Lancaster, Hal. New York: Simon & Schuster, c2002, Location/Call Number: Odegaard Career Books HF5381 .L2883 2002
- 201 Best Questions to Ask on Your Interview. Kador, John. New York: McGraw-Hill, c2002, Location/Call Number: Odegaard Career Books HF5549.5.I6 K3 2002
- Majoring in the Rest of Your Life. Carter, C., New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 1999.
- The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People. Eikleberry, Carol. Berkley, CA: Ten Speed Press, 1999.
- The Internship Bible. Hamadeh, Samer and Oldman, Mark. New York: Princeton Review Publishing, L.L.C., 2001
- What Color Is Your Parachute? A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers. Bolles, Richard Nelson. Berkley, CA: Ten Speed Press, 2005
- About.com’s Business — all majors in the business world
- Business and Finance Vocational Resource
- The Job Market
- The Princeton Review’s Careers
- The Princeton Review's Internships
- Internships in New York, Boston, Washington D.C.
- National Business Employment Weekly: Cover Letters, Third Edition. Besson, Taunee. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1999.
- National Business Employment Weekly: Interviewing, Third Edition. Hirsch, Arelene S. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1999.
- National Business Employment Weekly: Resumes, Second Edition. Besson, Taunee. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1996.
- Harvard Business Review
- Wall Street Journal
National & International Professional Associations
- AACSB, The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business — The SUNY Plattsburgh School of Business and Economics is accredited by AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business. On this site you will find the "BIZ ED" publication, which contains a resource of information about the business world and accredited graduate programs.
- American Management Association (AMA) International — American Management Association, a global not-for-profit, membership-based association, provides a full range of management development and educational services to individuals, companies and government agencies throughout the world.
- Cable News Network (CNN) International — Get business updates the U.S., Europe, Asia, and more. CNN's business sites offer a comprehensive summary of the latest news and business developments from around the world.
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) — An international society to extend and integrate knowledge pertaining to production and operations management.
- Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM) — Society for the Advancement of Management, a non-profit organization built and run by volunteers’ focuses on general management skills. The colleagues and disciples of Frederick Taylor, known as the Father of Scientific Management, founded SAM in 1912.
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC) — The professional society for those interested in research, teaching, and practice of management, marketing, accounting, economics, and international business in Canada.
- Academy of International Business (AIB) Resources — This site, maintained by the Academy of International Business, features links to chapter sites, member resources, graduate program information, and research & reference information.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) — A 12,000-member society representing professionals in the fields of Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about business administration at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Dr. Brian Neureuther, Chair
Office: Au Sable Hall 323
Phone: (518) 564-4197
Fax: (518) 564-4215
School of Business & Economics
101 Broad St
Plattsburgh, NY 12901