Chemistry Adolescence Education (Grades 7–12)
Our Chemistry Education Programs Allow You To:
- Prepare for a career teaching high school chemistry and science.
- Be eligible to teach in New York State.
- Learn educational theory and methods.
These programs, sponsored by the Chemistry Department and the Department of Educational Studies and Services, are for students who want to teach high school chemistry and science. Graduates of this program receive provisional certification to teach in New York State. Please see the adolescence educational program for more information about the program, how to apply, certification requirements, and earning the M.S.T. at the SUNY Plattsburgh main campus or at the Queensbury campus.
- Visit adolescence education for detailed information
- M.S.T. in Chemistry Adolescence Education course curriculum (418kB PDF, requires the free Arobat Reader)
- Chemistry course descriptions
- Teacher education course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about chemistry at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Neil Buckley, Chairperson
Office: Hudson Hall 221
Phone: (518) 564-5165