Minor in Chemistry
Our Chemistry Minor Allows You To:
- Better prepare yourself for your chosen career.
- Stand out compared to others in your field who lack additional training in chemistry.
- Add additional skills which set you apart from others.
Chemistry Minor (18–21 credits)
As a basic science, chemistry is fundamental to our understanding of the world, and impacts many disciplines. In fact, many non-chemistry majors such as nutrition, biology, environmental science, and others require anywhere from 8 to 16 credits of chemistry as cognate requirements in their degree programs. Students in these majors often decide to take a few additional chemistry courses and complete the chemistry minor. As a result, the chemistry minor is among the most popular minors at SUNY Plattsburgh.
If you are a student in a program with a strong chemistry component, or are just interested in chemistry, you should inquire about requirements for a minor in chemistry through the chemistry department, or speak with your advisor. A wide choice of courses is available to complete this minor, involving 18–21 credit hours.
- Chemistry minor course curriculum (417kB PDF, requires the free Arobat Reader)
- Chemistry course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about chemistry at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Neil Buckley, Chairperson
Office: Hudson Hall 221
Phone: (518) 564-5165