Major in Economics
Our Economics Major Allows You To:
- Understand economics in both theory and practice.
- Learn to think critically and to engage in abstract reasoning.
- Obtain gainful employment in the area of economics:
- Economics is one of the fastest growing and highest paid careers available today.
- Jobs in economics are plentiful in both the public and private sectors.
- Pursue an advanced degree (M.A. or Ph.D.) in Economics. Several of our former students are now working on Ph.D.s at Cornell, Albany, Buffalo, and West Virginia University.
- Gain real world experience through internships and independent studies with faculty acting as mentors.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Science (B.S.) in Economics (120 credits)
An economics degree serves as sound preparation for careers in business, law, public administration, and finance. The SUNY Plattsburgh business economics’ program prepares students for employment as well as advanced work at M.B.A. or Ph.D. levels. Our goal is to educate students for successful careers in financial management and investment banking through a careful balance between theory and hands-on learning.
- B.A. in Economics Course Curriculum
- B.S. in Economics Course Curriculum
- Economics Major Suggested Course Sequence
- Economics Course Descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the economics and finance program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Robert Christopherson, Department Chair
Office: Au Sable 203
Phone: (518) 564-4195
Fax: (518) 564-4215
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901