Associate Professor of English
Tom Friedrich is assistant professor of English and director of Freshman Composition at the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh. He holds a Ph.D. in Literacy Education with a Minor in Literacy and Rhetorical Studies from the University of Minnesota.
- Ph.D. in Literacy Education, Minor in Literacy and Rhetorical Studies, University of Minnesota
- ENG100 College Writing I
- ENG101, College Writing II
- ENG 323A/443, New Media
- ENG563 Rhetoric and Writing Arts
- Friedrich, T., & Lee, M. (in press). Lifelong learning for aesthetic, democratic individuality beyond technocratic times. Journal for the Philosophical Study of Education, 1.
- Friedrich, T. (2010). Becoming “member enough”: The experience of feelings of incompetence and competence in the process of becoming a professor. Indo-Pacific Journal of Phenomenology, 10(1).
- Beach, R., & Friedrich, T. (2006). Response to writing. In C.A. MacArthur, S. Graham, & J. Fitzgerald (Eds.), Handbook of writing research. New York: Guilford.
Contact Tom Friedrich
Office: Champlain Valley Hall 104
Phone: (518) 564-2135