Dr. Lise Heroux
Chairperson of Marketing & Entrepreneurship
SUNY Distinguished Service Professor
Dr. Lise Heroux has taught at SUNY Plattsburgh since 1987. Her courses incorporate hands-on experience to integrate the course content and apply it in real-world situations. Procurement students search for products and supply solutions for real clients and not-for-profit organizations. International marketing students conduct observational research in the tourism industry on both sides of the Canada–U.S. border. These service learning experiences benefit students in many ways: students link what they learn in the classroom with applications in companies, gain confidence in their marketing skills, and build up their resumes and portfolios. Students are also encouraged to do internships to explore potential marketing careers and gain valuable work experience.
Dr. Heroux believes that SUNY Plattsburgh offers many opportunities for students to get a superior business education, and that students who avail themselves of these opportunities will be very marketable when they graduate.
Dr. Heroux is the recipient of the Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching (’98) and Outstanding Teaching through Service Learning Award ('03), was promoted to the rank of Professor in 2002, and to the rank of SUNY Distinguished Service Professor in 2016.
- Ph.D., Concordia University, 1987
- M.B.A., McGill University, 1980
- B.B.A., University of Miami, 1978
Primary Teaching & Research Areas
- Principles of Advertising
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- International Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Principles
- Gultek, M., Heroux, L. (2016). Antique shops’ marketing strategies in rural tourism destinations: A comparative exploratory study in the U.S. and Canada. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Heroux, L. (2015). Agritourism marketing strategies: A comparative study of apple orchards in southern Quebec and Northeastern New York/Vermont. Journal of Eastern Townships Studies.
- Church, N. J., Heroux, L. (2015). Gift and souvenir shop marketing strategies in Canada and the U.S.: A comparative exploratory study. TEOROS.
- Hammoutene, A., Heroux, L. (2012). Relationship marketing in the American and Canadian export sectors: A matter of trust. The American Academy of Business, Cambridge.
Awards and Honors
- SUNY Distinguished Service Professor, 2016
- Outstanding Teaching through Service Learning Award, 2003
- SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1998
Contact Lise Heroux
Office: Au Sable Hall 213
Phone: (518) 564-4209