Our Entrepreneurship Minor Allows You To:
- Expand your career opportunities by combining this minor with your major
- Gain specialized knowledge in entrepreneurship
- Develop a skill set to help start up a business in any industry related to your major.
Minor in Entrepreneurship (18 credits)
The entrepreneurship minor provides you with the basic knowledge to start your own business. Many students in business and non-business disciplines want to eventually sta11 their own business in their field after a few years of experience. For example:
- An environmental science major might want to start an environmental testing lab
- An art student might want to open an art gallery or museum
- A fitness and wellness leadership student might want to own a fitness center
- An expeditionary studies major might want to have their own tour company
- A communication major might want to start their own public relations firm
- A marketing major might start an adve1tising agency or marketing research film
Combining their major with a minor in entrepreneurship will add to your credentials when developing a business plan and seeking financing for your startup.
What Majors are Compatible with the Entrepreneurship Minor?
Someone could start a business from almost any discipline or major:
- Computer science
- Environmental science
- Public relations
- Hotel, restaurant and tourism management
- Expeditionary studies
- Fitness and wellness leadership
Other Recommended Activities for Entrepreneurship Minors:
- Join the CEO Club (Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization) on campus
- Participate in business plan competitions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the entrepreneurship program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Dr. Lise Heroux, Chairperson
Office: Au Sable Hall Room 213
Phone: (518) 564-4209
SUNY Plattsburgh 101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901