French or Spanish Adolescence (7–12) Education — Five Year B.A./M.S.T. Programs
Our B.A./M.S.T. Education Program Allows You To:
- complete all requirements necessary for New York State certification, at the middle and high school levels;
- obtain both a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in five years;
- benefit from reduced cost in tuition by paying undergraduate fees for the first 12 graduate-level credits;
- career network through field work experience in area schools and by participating in professional organizations such as the New York State Association of Foreign Language Teachers (NYSAFLT) early into study.
Bachelor of Arts/Master of Science in Teaching (B.A./M.S.T.) in French or Spanish Education (7–12) Program (99 credits)
We are very proud of our alumni who currently occupy teaching positions in French and Spanish in secondary schools in Clinton, Essex and Franklin counties, in the Albany area and all across New York State. Many other alumni are successfully pursuing teaching and non-teaching careers in the US and abroad. We are happy to consider them as ambassadors of our programs.
Pursuing a career in foreign language teaching is a popular professional option available to you. By becoming an educator, you can share your valuable linguistic and cultural experiences with students in the classroom and community.
- Visit adolescence education for more information about the five year B.A./M.S.T. in French or Spanish Adolescence Education
- French course descriptions
- Spanish course descriptions
- Education course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
For more information about the modern languages and cultures program at SUNY Plattsburgh please contact:
Dr. Isabel Arredondo
Office: Champlain Valley Hall 308
Phone: (518) 564-3840
Email: [email protected]
Department of Modern Languages and Cultures