Personal Training Laboratory Study Area
Gain In-Depth Experience at Our On-Site Teaching Laboratory
Through our comprehensive curriculum, practical skills and abilities will be taught, practiced, and tested at our on-site teaching center and Personal Training Laboratory.
The Personal Training Laboratory Experience Allows You To:
- Analyze health/medical questionnaire forms and determine the implementation of the American College of Sports Medicine® (ACSM) Risk Stratification process for potential new clients/members.
- Develop individualized and group exercise programs for normal to special populations of all ages and become an educator/teacher of exercise movements and biomechanical analysis.
- Discuss the components, sequencing, and timing of year-round physical training systems using a variety of movements with conventional commercial equipment, free weights, and other forms and applications of exercise programming.
- Analyze posture and body alignment and evaluate the anatomical structures of the vertebral column and other extremities using a posture and body alignment grid and client evaluation sheet
- Measure, record, and analyze testing assessments for the musculoskeletal, joint, and cardiovascular systems.
- Experience and practice consultation and communication skills with clients and students in the fitness and health environment.
If you have any questions about the fitness and wellness leadership program, please feel free to contact me:
Ken Baldwin, Program Coordinator
Office: Memorial Hall 214
Phone: (518) 564-3149
Email: [email protected]