Child Care Management Study Option
Our Child Care Management Study Option Allows You To:
- Prepare for a career as a child-care center director, Head Start teacher, or as a professional working within youth-related human services agencies.
- Participate in a twelve-credit supervised internship at a human service agency.
- Minor in a related field such as psychology or business.
- Learn from faculty that have strong commitments to quality instruction and advisement.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Human Development & Family Relations, Study Option in Child Care Management (57 credits)
The study option in child care management is the only four-year degree program of its kind in SUNY. It is designed for students who desire to become child-care center directors, Head Start teachers, or professionals working within youth-related human services agencies.
Course offerings include child development, infant/toddler program planning, preschool curriculum development, child-care administration, and parenting perspectives. This option also involves one semester of full-time field experience in a child care facility or other appropriate human service agency. In addition, study options within the human development & family relations major offer enough room to choose a minor in a related field, such as psychology or business.
- Child care management study option course curriculum (495kB PDF file, requires the free Acrobat Reader)
- Human development & family relations course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the human development & family relations program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Marty Frost, Professor and Chair
Phone: (518) 564-4173
Ms. Randi L. Trombley
Office Location: Ward Hall 109
Phone: (518) 564-2164