Adult Development & Aging Study Option
Our Adult Development & Aging Study Option Allows You To:
- Prepare for a career specializing in the elderly and senior citizens at human service agencies.
- Participate in a twelve-credit supervised internship at a human service agency.
- Learn from faculty that have strong commitments to quality instruction and advisement.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Human Development & Family Relations, Study Option in Adult Development & Aging (63 credits)
The study option in adult development and aging prepares students for careers related to senior citizens and the elderly in public and private human service agencies. Courses include gerontology, introductory and applied counseling techniques; psychology of adult development and aging; elder abuse and neglect; sociology of aging and death; and nutrition and the elderly. One semester of full-time supervised field work in a human service agency is also included in the curriculum.
- Adult development & aging study option course curriculum (495kB PDF file, requires the free Acrobat Reader)
- Human development & family relations course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the human development & family relations program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Marty Frost, Professor and Chair
Phone: (518) 564-4173
Ms. Randi L. Trombley
Office Location: Ward Hall 109
Phone: (518) 564-2164