Admission into the Honors Program
The honors program is interested in students who have a strong academic record, who are engaged in their education, who are motivated, who are willing to take responsibility and who enjoy a lively exchange of ideas. While the honors program has a great deal to offer students, we are also interested in students who are willing to make a contribution in return to the honors program.
- Entering freshmen are eligible for admission into the honors program if they have a high school average of 92 or higher AND an SAT score of at least 1200. Students who do not meet these standards may be considered for admission into the honors program after consultation with the honors program director.
- Students already enrolled at the college are eligible to apply for admission into the honors program if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Students whose GPA is below 3.5 may be admitted into the program after consultation with the honors program director.
- Juniors or seniors who have successfully completed the general honors level of the honors program are automatically eligible for advanced honors.
- Other students in their junior or senior year are also eligible if they have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.2 AND a 3.5 GPA in the area of their project.
Continuation in the Honors Program
- Students admitted into the honors program are expected to continue a high level of academic performance. The honors center office will support students in achieving their educational goals. Nonetheless students whose academic performance is deficient may be suspended or removed from the honors program.
If you would like more information about the honors program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Tracie Church Guzzio, Director
Sandy Boulerice, Secretary
Office: Hawkins Hall 121–123
Phone: (518) 564-3075
Fax: (518) 564-3071