Major in Multimedia Journalism
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Science (B.S.) in Journalism: Multimedia Journalism
The multimedia journalism major prepares you to work in multiple media platforms — print, digital, online and broadcast — in the fields of journalism and public relations.
First, you will gain a solid foundation in reporting and writing. They you will learn how to combine these skills with images, video and audio to tell journalistic stories in an interactive, digital environment. Multimedia-specific courses give you the opportunity to:
- Design and build websites, becoming fluent in the latest versions of HTML and CSS
- Create multimedia projects using broad-based digital skills that include software such as InDesign, Fireworks, Photoshop, Notepad++, Dreamweaver, WordPress, Sony Movie Studio and Audacity
- Learn how to shoot video and capture audio with college-supplied camcorders and audio recorders
- Gain practical experience through class projects, practicums and internships
- B.A. in Journalism: Multimedia course curriculum
- B.S. in Journalism: Multimedia course curriculum
- B.A. versus B.S. degrees
- Journalism course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like to learn more about the journalism and public relations programs at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Jonathan Slater, Chair
Office: Ward Hall 241