All Points North Magazine
Navigating the North Country, this student-run quarterly online and yearly print magazine offers profiles, features, reviews, and travel articles that highlight the culture, people, and places of this diverse region.
Staff members gain experience
- taking and formating digital photos for the Web.
- in Web design using Dreamweaver.
- laying out print pages using InDesign and Photoshop.
- reporting in the field, from Montreal to Burlington to Albany to Lake Placid.
- writing and editing in-depth, multi-source stories.
- creating complete interactive story packages that take full advantage of the online medium.
Please visit All Points North's website to learn more about the magazine and read the latest edition.
Cardinal Points Broadsheet Newspaper
The recipient of numerous national and state journalism awards, this student-run weekly newspaper covers the campus of SUNY Plattsburgh and the community of Plattsburgh. The newspaper has been a Pacemaker Finalist; been a 13-time winner of the national All American; has been thrice named as the Best Overall Newspaper in the New York Press Association's Better College Newspaper Contest; and was inducted into the Associated Collegiate Press Hall of Fame in 2010, making it only the 59th college newspaper in the United States and Canada.
You can also read Cardinal Points online.
Cardinal Points Video
What is Cardinal Points?
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like to learn more about the journalism and public relations programs at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Jonathan Slater, Chair
Office: Ward Hall 241