Latin American Studies Program at SUNY Plattsburgh
Latin American Studies is now over 30 years old at Plattsburgh!
We are a small interdisciplinary program with two outstanding “world class” components: the Model General Assembly of the Organization of American States (an international simulation) and the Latin American Southern Cone Programs (study abroad and student exchanges).
Twenty faculty regularly participate through our meetings, teaching and/or research on Latin America. Courses with Latin American content are taught in anthropology, business, economics, geography, history, political science, Portuguese, sociology, and Spanish.
Programs of Study
Note: these PDF files require the latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Latin American Studies (671kB PDF)
- Latin American Studies Minor (417kB PDF)
- Study Abroad programs in Latin America
- View Latin American studies course descriptions
Organization of American States (OAS)
- National Model Organization of American States
- North Country High School Model OAS
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about Latin American studies at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Dr. Stewart Voss
Office: Hawkins Hall 251
Phone: (518) 564-4217