Frequently Asked Questions About Our Services
Download and print our brochure if you prefer to read on paper: Learning Center Informative Brochure
- How do I meet with a tutor?
- Is tutoring available for my course?
- Tutoring is not available for my course! What do I do?
- What type of tutoring is best for me and my course?
You can meet with a tutor by making an appointment or by attending a walk-in session.
Here are the steps to make an appointment:
- Stop by the Learning Center front desk.
- Make an appointment (one day in advance).
- Complete the Tutoring Contract.
- Return for the appointment.
- Bring everything you will need.
Please Note: If you are making a Small Group or Double Appointment, all students who will be meeting with the tutor MUST be present to make the appointment.
Feel free to come to the Learning Center and ask, or check Courses We Tutor.
Follow these steps:
- Keep calm.
- Stop by the Learning Center.
- Fill out the Tutor Request Form at our front desk.
- Contact the professor to discuss your concerns with the course.
- Consider forming an independent study group with your classmates (Tips for Group Study).
Most students request individual tutoring sessions, but you might prefer a different approach. Find out more about the different types of tutoring:
We hope to see you in the Claude J. Clark Learning Center!
Claude J. Clark Learning Center at SUNY Plattsburgh
Feinberg Library, Room 103 (First Floor)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-6138
Fax: (518) 564-6140