Courses Available for Tutoring: Spring 2018 ** Updated regularly and subject to change due to tutor availability
Note: We are actively recruiting MAT161 tutors.
The following is a list of courses for which we have trained content tutors and writing tutors.
- Content tutors have taken and successfully completed the course they are tutoring.
- They have been recommended to tutor the course by a faculty member in the department.
- They have completed training with the Learning Center staff.
- Such training focuses on effective tutoring practices and strategies for tutoring in their content area.
- Writing tutors have taken and successfully completed ENG 390: Theories and Practices of Writing Tutoring.
- ENG 390 focuses on tutoring practices and strategies that provide writing guidance in any discipline.
- They can help with structure and style, but they can also help with grammar.
- If you just want to talk about a writing assignment or brainstorm, please make an appointment or come to a Writing Lab.
We do our best to find qualified tutors for all of the following courses. However, there are times when we may be unable to provide a qualified tutor for some of these courses. If one of these courses is not available, please make a request at the front desk.
- ACC 201 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACC 202 - Introduction to Managerial Accounting
Academic Personal Training
- Any student can make an academic personal training (APT) appointment. These tutors are trained to help with time management, test taking, etc.
- BIO 101 - General Biology I
- BIO 102 - General Biology II
- BIO 202 - Introduction to Microbiology
- BIO 203 - Microbiology
- BIO 326 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BIO 327 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- CHE 101 - General Chemistry
- CHE 111 - Fundamental Principles of Chemistry I
- CHE 112 - Fundamental Principles of Chemistry II
- CHE 240 - Fundamentals of Organic Chemistry
- CHE 241 - Organic Chemistry I
- CHE 242 - Organic Chemistry II
- CHE 271 - General Biochemistry
Communication Disorders and Sciences
- CDS 211 - Elementary American Sign Language I
- CDS 212 - Elementary American Sign Language II
- CDS 240 - Introduction to Communication Disorders
- CDS 241 - Language Development
- CDS 342 - Introduction to Phonetics
- CDS 343 - Speech/Hearing Mechanism
- CSC 121 - Introduction to Computing and the Web
- CSC 217 - Discrete Mathematics with Computer Applications
- CSC 221 - Introduction to Programming
- CSC 223 - Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 309 - Programming Language
- CSC 319 - Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- CSC 341 - Introduction to Databases with Web Applications
- CMM 422- Mass Media Propaganda
- ECO 101 - Principles of Economics
- ECO 110 - Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO 111 - Introduction to Macroenomics
- ECO 260 - Business Statistics I
- ECO 362 - Business Statistics II
- ENG 100 - College Writing I
- ENG 101 - College Writing II
- ENG 130 - Topics in English**
- ENG 160 - Introduction to Poetry**
- ENG 163 - Introduction to Film and Literature**
- ENG 164 - Introduction to Shakespeare**
- ENG 196 - Fundamentals of Literary Study II**
- ENG 271 - Latina/o Literature in the U.S. **
- ENG 297 - Fundamentals of English Language Arts**
** = No tutor specified; writing tutors can assist in these courses.
- FIN 355 - Principles of Finance
- FRE 111
- FRE 112
- GEG 120 - Introduction to Physical Geography
- GEL 101 - Physical Geology
- HIS 101 - United States Civilization to 1877
Language and Linguistics
- LIN 221 - General Linguistics
Management & International Business
- MGM 350 - Introduction to Mathematical Modeling in Business
- MAT 101 - Elementary College Mathematics
- MAT 102 - Precalculus
- MAT 104 - Trigonometry
- MAT 110 - Modern Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers
- MAT 113 - Fundamental Mathematics for Elementary Teachers
- MAT 161 - Introductory Statistics - WALK-INS ONLY AT THIS TIME
- MAT 202 - Linear Algebra I
- MAT 221 - Calculus for the Life, Management & Social Sciences I
- MAT 224 - Calculus I
- MAT 225 - Calculus II
- MAT 231 - Sets, Functions, and Relations
- MAT 326 - Caculus III
- MUS 120 - Fundamental Musicianship
- MUS 130 - Music Theory
- MUS 230 - Music Theory II
- MUS 330 - Music Theory III
- PHY 103 - Physics for Life Sciences I
- PHY 104 - Physics for Life Sciences II
- PHY 111 - General Physics
- PHY 112 - General Physics II
- PHY 317 - Fluid Dynamics
- PHY 341 - Thermodynamics
- PSY 101 - General Psychology
- PSY 205 - Experimental Design
- PSY 331 - Introduction to Biosychology
- PSY 340 - Personality
- SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 305 - Sociology of Women
- SPA 111 - Elementary Spanish I
- SPA 112 - Elementary Spanish II
- SPA 213 - Intermediate Spanish
- SPA 214 - Intermediate Spanish II
- SPA 315 - Composicion
- Writing tutors are available to help students with writing assignments at any stage in the writing process for any course.
Claude J. Clark Learning Center at SUNY Plattsburgh
Feinberg Library, Room 103 (First Floor)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-6138
Fax: (518) 564-6140
Email: [email protected]