Information For Desk Attendants
Each semester we hire a limited number of Desk Attendants to fill our FWS Appointment vacancies. If you have a ten hour or a five hour FWS package and are interested in working in the Learning Center as a Desk Attendant, please contact Tom Halford by visiting or calling the Learning Center between the hours of 8 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Expectations of the Desk Attendant Position
Are you a night owl (who can stay up for at least one night shift a week)? Would you like to be an information resource for your peers? Willing to do necessary clerical work and support our professional staff in their projects?
Our center would not run efficiently without the assistance of the seven Federal Work Study students who work with our office staff during their scheduled hours and supervise student use of the Learning Center during at least one evening a week between the hours of 9 p.m and 2 a.m.
The Desk Attendant also helps monitor the Learning Center when the center is open twenty-four hours during finals week for Open Study.
Desk Attendants are expected to:
- Monitor students during study hours to maintain a quiet atmosphere
- Count and record the number of students using the Learning Center for study hours at the top of each hour
- Open and close the Learning center as necessary for study hours
- Check e-mail regularly to keep in contact with the Learning Center staff and remain a Desk Attendant in good standing
- Behave in a professional manner and be knowledgeable of Learning Center services in order to serve as a resource to students
- Complete other tasks, such as filing, paperwork, or computer work (Excel, Access, Word, etc.) as assigned
- Contact University Police at x2022 in case of emergency.
Claude J. Clark Learning Center at SUNY Plattsburgh
Feinberg Library, Room 103 (First Floor)
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-6138
Fax: (518) 564-6140