Management Information Systems Careers
Management information systems (MIS) majors are employed in many different industries such as service, distribution, manufacturing, project, financial, government, and education. Not only are graduates in high demand, but they command very competitive salaries and long-term global career prospects are excellent. Graduates can select from a large and growing number of well paid jobs in the information systems and IT field. Typical positions in MIS are:
- Information security manager.
- Web/E-commerce system developer.
- Systems/business analyst.
- End-user support analyst.
- IT consultant/trainer.
- IT specialist.
- Applications developer.
- Database designer/administrator.
- Network analyst/administrator.
- Chief information officer.
International Business Careers
Demand for international business education is higher than ever and is expected to increase over the next few years. As a specialist who understands the diversity of international business and armed with a strong business background, you will be a valuable employee for any organization. Any business that consults or ships outside the United States is dealing in international business, and so are their employees. The following is a sample of organizations which hire international business graduates:
- International banks.
- International consulting firms.
- International advertising agencies.
- Multinational corporations.
- Air passenger & cargo companies.
- Government agencies.
- US states' international trade agencies.
- High-tech firms.
- Law firms.
- Non-profit international organizations.
- Shipping companies.
- US Chambers of Commerce abroad.
- US Embassies trade missions.
- United Nations.
- World Bank.
From the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Administrative services managers.
- Advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales managers.
- Computer and information systems managers.
- Construction managers.
- Education administrators.
- Engineering and natural sciences managers.
- Farmers, ranchers, and agricultural managers.
- Financial managers.
- Food service managers.
- Funeral directors.
- Human resources, training, and labor relations managers and specialists.
- Industrial production managers.
- Lodging managers.
- Medical and health services managers.
- Property, real estate, and community association managers.
- Purchasing managers.
- Personnel Manager.
- Operations Manager.
- Bank Manager.
- Hotel Manager.
- Information Systems Manager.
SUNY Plattsburgh State Career Development Center
Our Career Development Center provides services, resources, and programs designed to help students and alumni to better understand the career development process, and to enhance their professional preparation and employability.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about management and information systems at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Rohit Rampal, Chair
Office: Au Sable Hall, Room 204
Phone: (518) 564-3192