Major in Adolescence Mathematics Education
Our Adolescence Math Education Major Allows You To:
- Prepare for initial New York State certification for teaching mathematics in grades 7-12.
- Take upper-level coursework in areas of the New York State Mathematics curriculum.
- Get a double major without additional coursework (B.A. in Mathematics).
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Adolescence Mathematics Education
The B.S. in Mathematics Adolescence Education is offered jointly by the Department of Mathematics and the Department of Adolescence and Health Education. It leads to initial New York State certification for teaching mathematics in grades 7-12. Teacher candidates in this program prepare for teaching careers by taking upper-level coursework in all areas that are part of the New York State Mathematics curriculum and the NCTM Standards. The coursework in this program also meets the requirements for the B.A. in Mathematics mentioned above, so candidates can get a double major with no extra coursework. Recent graduates of this program have found positions throughout the state of New York, as well as in many states across the country.
- View the adolescence mathematics education course curriculum. Note: this 152kB PDF file requires the latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- View mathematics course descriptions.
- View education course descriptions.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the mathematics program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Robert Keever, Chairperson
Office: Hawkins Hall 244
Phone: (518) 564-4133
Fax: (518) 564-4124