Careers, Summer Programs and other opportunities:
- MAA Undergraduate Career Resources: www.maa.org/students/career.html.
- The AMS-MAA-SIAM Careers Page: www.ams.org/careers/.
- The AMS undergraduate information page: www.ams.org/employment/undergrad.html.
- Guide to Careers in Statistics (ASA): www.amstat.org/careers/index.html.
- Information on a career as an Actuary: www.beanactuary.org/.
For those interested in K-12 education:
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM): www.nctm.org/.
For all students interested in Mathematics:
- History of Math: www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/.
- MAA online columns: www.maa.org/news/columns.html.
Two useful tools for doing Mathematics:
- xFunctions: A really nice applet for graphing functions (including functions of two variables.)
- Graphing calculator: Free online graphing calculator. www.colbycc.org/www/math/calculator2/calculator2.htm.
The department of mathematics maintains institutional memberships in:
|American Mathematical Society||Association for Women in Mathematics||Mathematics Association of America|
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about the mathematics program at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Robert Keever, Chairperson
Office: Hawkins Hall 244
Phone: (518) 564-4133
Fax: (518) 564-4124