Museum Studies Program at SUNY Plattsburgh
Our Museum Studies Minor
- Teaches the history, philosophy and current trends in museums
- Provides knowledge and skills in object research, publication, and exhibition development.
- Allows first hand experience working in an art, history, or natural history museum.
Modern museums collect, study, preserve, exhibit, interpret and publish information about collections. The museum studies minor teaches current standards in museum practices, provides you with first hand experience in the management of museum collections, curation of exhibitions, and development of curriculum based education programs in non-traditional environments. You will learn the history and purpose of museums and develop an exhibition from the Plattsburgh State Art Museum collections.
- Museum studies minor course curriculum (304kB PDF, requires the free Acrobat Reader)
- Museum studies course descriptions
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about museum studies at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Cecilia Esposito, Coordinator
Office: Myers Fine Arts 237
Phone: (518) 564-2178